The firm and team
Macfarlanes is a one of the UK's leading law firms providing legal and tax advice from London to clients globally. We handle work of the highest quality and complexity for our clients that could be anything from public M&A or establishing an investment fund to acquiring real estate or providing private client advice.
The tax and reward practice comprises nine partners and 50 fee earners in total, and is rated as one of the leading tax advisory practices in the City.
Duties will include:
- Collecting economic data using various databases and attending client meetings with the aim of collecting financial and economic data.
- Reviewing, analysing and evaluating data collected from databases and strategic business plan information provided by our clients.
- Using in house economic models as well as designing bespoke models to perform valuation of various asset classes (such as equity, debt and derivatives) and the pricing of inter-company transactions. Examples of pricing techniques include discounted cash flow analysis, option pricing and market multiples approach.
- Preparing written reports and presentations to present analysis to our clients.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria;
- Academic excellence including a degree in Economics (or other related fields), graduating from a leading university.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), initiative and ability to focus on most important issues
- Excellent analytical skills, superior problem solving ability, strong quantitative skills and attention to detail.
- Must be able to manage a number of projects under constant time pressure and prioritise accordingly.
- Ability to work in a team with diverse skill set.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- The successful applicant will have the opportunity to study for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) programme.
We take a flexible approach to recruitment and aim to recruit people that we believe show talent, motivation and potential. For the right candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to develop within a growing practice and undertake high quality work.
Please note that the job description is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives.
Our commitment to inclusion
At Macfarlanes we understand the importance of an inclusive culture, the continued development of which has been identified as one of our key priorities. Our focus is to foster an inclusive culture throughout the firm, from entry level to partnership. It is about recruiting, retaining and promoting all groups in the firm fairly, and we are continually reviewing our processes to ensure that everyone has the same chance to develop and advance. An inclusive, forward-thinking culture also enables us to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, bringing different perspectives and experiences, making Macfarlanes an exciting and stimulating place to work. We seek to recruit the best candidates, regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, background, religion, physical abilities, sexual orientation or any other characteristic.
Direct applicants only. Strictly no agencies.